Bangalore,Karnataka,India 6G5BX3 Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is based in Bangalore, India and is engaged in the development of advanced aerospace and aviation technologies. Boeing Research & Technology, India, which is located at BIETC, Bangalore has a tear down, reverse engineering and should cost lab, which identifies opportunities to lower cost of airplane components and subsystems, simplify designs, or take advantage of newer technologies or manufacturing methods. The lab performs physical and virtual teardown of aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and parts, bottom up should costing of assemblies and reverse engineering of parts. Additionally the lab assists in aircraft part qualification testing through, teardown, inspection and reassembly..
The tear down, reverse engineering and should cost lab has an immediate opening in Bangalore for a Mechanical Engineer to work in and lead small teams of 3 to 5 people to perform physical or virtually tear down of airplane parts into their respective pre-manufactured/pre-assembled set of components to enable a should cost analysis. This position is for a cost engineer with a background in mechanical systems design. The selected individuals will use sophisticated tools to perform cost estimates on a common set of parts considering their physical characteristics, manufacturing methods, material makeup, etc. to generate business cases and opportunities for cost effective improvement to our products.
Additionally, the selected engineer will be able to:
- • Develop should cost models for supplier components or engineered parts.
- • Document the assumed aerospace manufacturing processes/techniques for parts.
- • Ensure rigorous coordination from business unit procurement/supplier management, business unit engineering and business unit finance to confirm the should cost information. • Use the teardown and should cost information in order to introduce value engineering opportunities
- • Benchmark, develop, maintains and modifies structural and interior payload system and component designs based on cost or design benchmark information.
- • Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- • Manage workshops to enable value capture idea generation. Work closely with teams of engineers located in India and in the US.
- • Develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with Boeing internal customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- • Mentor, task and guide engineers.
- • Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes/techniques.
- • Knowledge of one or more Should costing software such as SEER, Clean sheet, Boothroyd and aPriori
- • Knowledge of CATIA or an equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design tool(s).
- • Analytical problem solving skills combined with engineering background
- • Understanding of the cost & design trades required to develop and document complex mechanical systems.
- • Self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- • Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- • Self-motivated and able to work independently and guide other engineers in performing their work.
- • Must be able to work collaboratively with very strong teaming and leadership skills.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world. Qualification:
- • Experience in developing project plans and leading executing of projects as per timeline. • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Automotive/Aerospace Engineering or similar field
- • 10+ years’ work experience in value engineering, reverse engineering, DFA, DFM, design or manufacturing
- • Demonstrated capability in performing equipment teardown and should cost analysis.
- • Working knowledge of how to use should cost and estimating tools and developing cost models.
- • Good Knowledge of CATIA or an equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design tool(s).
- • Experience with assembly, disassembly and inspection of aerospace or automotive parts
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION. Yes, 10 % of the Time Engineering Test and Tech Individual Contributor No No Standard India; Boeing India Private Limited.